NAS or Network Attached Storage solutions are becoming a much more widely used device for businesses as well as inside the home. Within the corporate environment, the slot for a centralised data source has been filled in many instances by NAS storage allowing users to remotely access files and data.
Moreover, the simple NAS box for the home setting is one of the fastest growing storage markets with gadgets such as the iPhone, gaming consoles and multiple PCs standard features in the modern household. The ability to combine and stream all of this digital data to one place which can then be accessed from the whole network is a very convenient prospect. Manufacturers alike are becoming wise to this market opening and are starting to react with specialised features allowing the NAS box to be transformed to an Entertainment Centre.
The 4-bay DS410j is just one of a range of NAS servers developed by Synology for use in both environments using an updated version (2.3) of the DiskStation Manager Web interface.
- CPU Frequency: 800MHz
- Memory Bus: 16bit@DDR800
- Memory: 128MB
- Internal HDD: 3.5" SATA(II) X4 or 2.5" SATA/SSD X4
- Max Internal Capacity: 8TB (4x 2TB hard drives)
- Size (HxWxD): 168mm X 184mm X 230mm
- External HDD Interface: USB 2.0 port X2
- Weight: 2.23kg
- LAN: Gigabit X1
- Wireless Support
- Noise Level (fan-only): 23dB(A)
- Power Recovery
- AC Input Power Voltage: 100V to 240V
- Power Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, Single Phase
- Power Consumption:3 42.9W(Access); 16W(HDD Hibernation)
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature: -10°C to 70°C (15°F to 155°F)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95%RH
- Maximum Operating Altitude: 10,000 feet
- Certification: FCC Class B, CE Class B, BSMI Class B