LEPA G1600 Introduction
1200w power supplies are running gamers high spec and enthusiast systems all over the world. However, with the future once again looking toward dual CPU's and specifically Xeon types, with the addition of up to quad GPU configurations, the only PSU on the market able to power all that hardware is the NEW LEPA G1600 PSU. This new PSU from Enermax's sister brand is what we have for review for you today, a 1600 watt power supply with supreme efficiency...
We all know that the wattage level of a power supply you buy very much depends on what kind of equipment you have on your system, and how much of it, for instance, triple configured GPU settings. Often we do not think to go higher than a 1200w power supply, but what if you have four graphics cards, a big water-cooling system, and power demanding motherboard with 16-32GB of RAM installed. Your system is going to really be sucking on some juice (sexual innuendo not implied) this is where the new G1600 watt 80PLUS GOLD LEPA Power supply comes into play, which is what we have for review here today.
If you are unfamiliar with LEPA, they are Enermax’s sister brand that the majority of the time are providing cheaper and more budget alternatives in cases and power supplies, but today is a complete exception from their norm, as not many brands have produced 1600w PSU’s. Especially one that has a full rated power output of 1600 with a peak power output reaching 1700w. In fact, only one has this rated power, which is the Ultra X4 1600 PSU which was release back in early 2010. Making the LEPA G1600 it’s only rival in the world. Some heavy hardware is required to achieve a full power draw from the LEPA G1600 PSU.
In LEPA’s new G series PSU’s they supply the following wattages in separate PSU models:
- Powerful 1600W fully rated output, peak power up to 1700W
- Surpassing 80 Plus Gold level (G1600-MA is 80 Plus Gold certified.)
- Full Modular Cabling Design makes system upgrade and replacement easy
- High Density PCB Design makes G1600 only 18cm in depth, providing more space to dissipate the heat inside the chassis
- 135mm ball bearing fan with thermal programmed speed controller delivers silent, cool operation
- Honeycomb-shaped ventilation design increases airflow and keeps power supply cool
- Solid State Capacitors and 105°C Japanese Grade A Capacitors provide great reliability
- DC-to-DC Converter Design ensures system stability
- Full Bridge and Zero Voltage Switch (ZVS) topologies provide superior performance and reliability
- Dual Sided PCB design synergizes PCB layout
- Six powerful +12V rails with high maximum loads offer great compatibility with heavy-duty graphics cards
- Ability to run up to 4-Way GPU (SLI / CrossFire) and Dual CPUs together without difficulty
- Compliance with EU ErP Lot 6 standards (lower than 1W power consumption at standby mode)
- Over Power, Over Voltage, Under Voltage, Over Current, Over Temperature, Short-circuit protection provide great safety to your system
- ATX12V version 2.3 and EPS12V version 2.92 compliant