Hauppauge HD PVR Gaming Edition Introduction
Today we have the Hauppauge HD PVR Gaming Edition that we will be taking a look at. You may all be familiar with the previous normal Hauppauge HD PVR, but this edition now offers you 1080i recording resolution for PS3/Wii/Xbox 360. There are many of you how love to watch YouTube videos of peoples edited videos of COD of Gears Of War, and especially Halo 3. Many of you would love to be able to record your own gameplay on consoles and PC, but you know you can’t just because the price is too high for the equipment; well the Hauppauge HD PVR unfortunately isn’t any different. This HD recorder cost around £190/$297. Now I bet you really want to know what it offers for that large RRP, well let’s take a look shall we with a video review.
Record your video game play in HD?
HD PVR Gaming Edition records high definition video from a Sony® PlayStation®3 or Microsoft® Xbox® 360, onto your PC in a compressed high definition H.264 format. The Gaming Edition includes a set of Xbox 360 and PS3 component video cables.
Record from your PS3 or Xbox 360 to make video recordings of your best game play. Upload your favourite games to YouTube in HD and share them with other gamers online! Or make a high definition movie of your game play to share with your friends or use it to discuss tactics with your clan members!
You can also play them back onto your PC screen; transfer them over your home network for playback on a PS3 or Xbox 360.
Amazing audio and video quality
HD PVR Gaming Edition records using H.264 compression at HD resolutions up to 1080i. And with our optical audio input, you get amazing 5 channel audio from your game console.
The H.264 recording format is used by Blu-ray disks and exceeds other compression standards in quality and disk space consumption, providing a crisp image with amazing digital sound. And H.264 uses 1/3 the disk space compared with the popular MPEG-2 format.
With video pass through for no delay recording!
HD PVR Gaming Edition comes with real-time video pass through, so you can watch your game play on your HD TV while recording your game on your PCs disk drive. Simply connect the HD PVR in between your game console and your HD TV set.
Upload your best games to YouTube and share with your friends Make an HD recording or your game play, and upload to YouTube with the included Arcsoft ShowBiz. HD PVR captures videos in HD in the H.264 format, which is perfect for uploading to YouTube.
HD PVR includes ArcSoft ShowBiz, which lets you capture, preview, playback, edit and burn your recordings onto a Blu-ray compatible DVD disc. Next generation Audio formats such as Dolby Surround, Digital 5.1 (AC-3), and DTS Surround used in Blu-ray discs are supported. HD PVR also records in formats which are compatible with playback on a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.
Watch recordings of your best game play on your PC monitor or HD TV set
You can play back HD PVR recordings directly on your computer screen using the included ArcSoft ShowBiz application. You can also transfer the recordings over your home network to your PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, or other high definition media player.
Once your recordings are stored on your PC hard disk, you can play them back to your PC screen or HD TV set in HD with full 5.1 channel audio. Or burn them on a standard DVD-R or DVD-RW disk for playback on a Blu-ray DVD player.
HD PVR has video pass through for no delay HD recordings. Simply connect HD PVR between your game console and your HD TV set. The HD PVR Gaming Edition comes with a universal game console to component video cable set to make the connection easy.
- Technical Specifications
- Hardware encoder:H.264 AVCHD video encoder
- AC-3 audio encoding from optical S/PDIF (2 or 5.1 channel audio)
- Recording datarate: from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec (user selectable)
- Recording format: AVCHD (.TS and .M2TS) and .MP4 Resolution up to 1080i from component video (YCrCb and YPrPb). Note: the video input format determines the recorded format. For example, 1080i input records at 1080i, 720P records at 720P, etc.
- Size:7.75 in wide x 6.80 in deep x 2.75 in high
- Power:-5V at 2 amps
- System Requirements
- PC with 3.0 GHz single core or 2.0 GHz multi-core processor
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32 or 64-bit), Windows Vista or Windows XP Service Pack 3
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Graphics card with 256MB memory
- Sound card
- 220 MB free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation)
- Included in this package
- HD PVR Gaming Edition high definition H.264 personal video recorder, USB 2.0
- 5V 2 amp power supply
- USB cable
- Component video and audio cable for pass through
- Component video and stereo audio cable set for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3
- Installation CD-ROM with WinTV v7 and ArcSoft ShowBiz applications
- Quick Installation Guide
- Bundled software applications
- ArcSoft ShowBiz, with these features:
- Video capture for recording video game play
- Authoring, trimming and burning your video recordings onto a Blu-ray compatible DVD disk
- Upload videos to YouTube