The GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard, is based on the Intel® Z68 Express Chipset and supports the new 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors. With the D3 board, it allows you to significant increase performance with the well known Intel® Smart Response Technology. The GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard has mSATA drive connectors on this standard desktop PC motherboard. The GA-Z68AP-D3 board is integrated with GIGABYTE's proprietary Touch BIOS™ technology. This D3 motherboard is stated ATX and just about makes the standards, however the bard is actually mildly smaller than other boards in its range, the D3 is about 3cm smaller. The D3 has only a 4 pin connector, so let’s take a look at the motherboard and then see how well it performs against its Z68 cousins.
- Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/ Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1155 package
- L3 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.) Chipset
- Intel® Z68 Express Chipset
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
* Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
- Support for non-ECC memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.) Onboard GraphicsIntegrated Graphics Processor:
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
- Realtek audio codec
- High Definition Audio
* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- 1 x Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
* The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_2 and PCIEX1_3 slots. When the PCIEX1_2 slot or the PCIEX1_3 slot is populated, the PCIEX4 slot will operate at up to x1 mode.
(All PCI Express x16 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* To support PCI Express 3.0, you must install an Intel 22nm CPU.
- 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 2 x PCI slots
- Support for AMD CrossFireX™ technology
* The PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x4 mode when AMD CrossFireX™ is enabled.
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0, 1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
- 3 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2 2~4) supporting up to 3 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- 1 x mSATA connector
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.
- Up to 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 6 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Etron EJ168 chip:
- Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
Internal I/O Connectors:
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 3 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x mSATA connector
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 2 x system fan headers
- 1 x power fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x clearing CMOS jumper
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
Back Panel Connectors:
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x parallel port
- 1 x serial port
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 1 x HDMI port
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- iTE IT8728 chip
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System temperature detection
- CPU/System/Power fan speed detection
- CPU overheating warning
- CPU/System/Power fan fail warning
- CPU/System fan speed control
* Whether the CPU/system fan speed control function is supported will depend on the CPU/system cooler you install.
- 2 x 32 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress BIOS Rescue
- Support for Download Center
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for EasyTune
* Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
- Support for Dynamic Energy Saver™ 2
- Support for Smart 6™
- Support for Auto Green
- Support for eXtreme Hard Drive (X.H.D)
- Support for ON/OFF Charge
- Support for Cloud OC
- Support for 3TB+ Unlock
- Support for TouchBIOS
- Support for Q-Share
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Intel® Smart Response Technology
- LucidLogix Virtu
* Make sure the monitor cable has been connected to the integrated graphics port on the back panel.
- Support for Microsoft® Windows® 7/Vista/XP
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 21.5cm
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
- Onboard mSATA connector and Smart Response Technology
- GIGABYTE EZ Smart Response
- Built-in Visuals
- GIGABYTE Touch BIOS™ (Patent Pending)
- PCI Express Gen.3 Support (50,000 Hours Japanese Solid Capacitors)
- New 100% Hardware VRD 12 Compliant CPU Power Design
- 108dB Signal-to-Noise ratio playback
- DualBIOS™ 3TB+ HDD Support (Hybrid EFI Technology)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- SATA 6 Gbps
- 3x USB Power Boost
- Turbo XHD- Full Automatic RAID 0
- Multi-display support with 2 way CrossFireX
- Smart 6 – Smarter PC system Management
- Cloud OC
- AutoGreen- Greening your PC via Bluetooth cellphone
- HDMI™-The Next Generation Multimedia Interface
- ErP Lot 6 support
“Technology has moved beyond machines and circuitry. It is the foundation of modern life and has become an integral part of how we learn, share, and create with others in an interconnected world.
With over 20 years of manufacturing knowledge, GIGABYTE thrives on delivering the latest technology to users around the globe. We develop, test, and manufacture a wide range of products following strict quality and environmental control standards.
Our reputation as a pioneer in motherboard innovation has allowed us to diversify our product range to include graphics cards, notebooks, desktop PCs, PC components, cellular phones, server and datacenter solutions, and more.”