Within the PSU market, Antec would seem to be one of the most willing to push the boundaries and raise standards; and perhaps the ultimate move came in the form of the company’s very own form factor – CPX.
Bearing in mind Antec’s very impressive ATX form factor power supplies (Signature and TruePower series perhaps the most recognised throughout the computing community), it may seem a strange concept to move away from the traditional ATX power supply. The technology behind the idea though makes perfect sense...
The larger casing and externally mounted fan allow for a more spacious interior combined with a larger fan to provide greater airflow at lower speeds.
The unit we’re focusing on in this review is the CP-1000 – the second member of the CPX series following on from the flagship CP-850 and now we’ve unearthed the thinking behind CPX, let’s take a closer look...
- Unique power supply construction compatible with the following Antec cases: - Twelve Hundred - P183 - P193
- NVIDIA™ SLI™ - Ready certified
- Advanced hybrid cable management improves airflow and reduces clutter
- Meets 80 PLUS® certification standards
- Electrical compliance with ATX12V version 2.3 and EPS version 2.91
- Dual PCB layout optimizes cooling efficiency and allows for heavy duty components
- Quiet 120mm PWM cooling fan
- 4 +12V output circuits
- Industrial grade protection: OVP (Over Voltage Protection), SCP (Short Circuit Protection), and OCP (Over Current Protection)
- Universal Input with Active PFC
- Two 8-pin(6+2) PCI-E connectors and two 6-pin PCI-E connectors
- SATA connectors for Serial ATA drive
- MTBF: 100,000 hours
- Safety approval: UL, FCC, TÜV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB
- Unit Dimension - 119mm (H) x 175mm (W) x 200mm (D) - 4.7" (H) x 6.9" (W) x 7.9" (D)
- Package Dimension - 160mm (H) x 230mm (W) x 330mm (D) - 6.3" (H) x 9.1" (W) x 13" (D)
- Weight - Net : 7 lbs / 3.2 kg - Gross : 9.5 lbs / 4.3 kg
“Antec, Inc., is the leading global brand of high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) markets. Founded in 1986, Antec is recognized as a pioneer in these industries and has maintained its position as a worldwide market leader and international provider of efficient, quiet, and reliable products. Antec has also achieved great success in the distribution channel, meeting the demands of quality-conscious system builders, VARs and integrators.
Antec’s offering of enclosures includes a large range of cases, such as its technically advanced Performance One Series, cost-effective New Solution Series and server grade cases designed for the needs of all workstation and server markets. Antec’s products also include front linepower supplies such as its TruePower Trio series, Quattro series, and EarthWatts, the most environmentally friendly power supplies available. PC gamers are an increasingly significant consumer of performance components, and many Antec products are geared toward the gaming demographic, like the Nine Hundred, the premier gamer enclosure. Antec also offers a computing accessories line comprised of many original products, including its patented LED Fans and Notebook Cooling solutions.”